Thursday 15 November 2012

Flexible Bones: Acroniques Event


                  Wow!

 That’s what I said to myself when I saw the Acroniques act  Saturday, October 27, 2012.
 I have been here three years and I have only seen them once before , but  this time what I saw was epic.: children from the High School, with the assistance from some adults from around the Helderberg area, performing in ways that makes one question if gravity truly exists to somw people.
Anderson Hall was the place to be on this day. I entered the building and walk up stairs so I could have a bird’s eye view of everything and then suddenly the lights go off and music starts playing. The curtains open to the beat of the music  and we see  young boys and girls standing in rows of five.  They introduce themselves and do an act; they carry each other in different ways, every group of four doing something different. The song then changes and the people on stage leave for more people to enter. This time a group of about 15 people start forming towers as they climb on each other. The act continues with different towers being built as humans balance other humans on each other.
                  The event was magical especially towards the end when the team on stage walked back and started building a tower with two ladders being held  by adults. Then when the human tower was well balanced, two small boys started climbing the ladder to the top of the tower and stood on top. Surprisingly nobody fell and I was amazed  that they could balance themselves for more than a minute at a time, truly fascinated. At the end of the show,  people were asked if they wanted to learn a few tricks  -  cheating gravity I call it. Several people went forward;   I didn’t.  I was tempted, but I love my life too much and  don’t believe that I should be the one to cheat gravity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment