Monday 5 November 2012

My Journey to…


It has been four long and amazing years. It feels like just yesterday when I was accepted to study at Helderberg College. Now, I am a few weeks away from leaving a college that has taught me to cope with a wide variety of circumstances other than the obvious academic growth.

And it is with faith that I step out into the ‘Great Big Unknown’ of this so-called vicious world that many label it to be.

But, is that really the big picture?

Speaking to many people in the ‘Big World’ and those in lecturer roles, I began to create a picture: An Airbus A380-800 taxing towards me at an international airport where an old well groomed gentlemen walks up to me, cap under his arm while holding his briefcase. His Gold wings standing out on his white shirt.

He looks at me with the greatest of smiles, and utters three words that take my breath away: ‘She’s all yours.’

That is it. The ‘Big World’ is waiting for me to take it by the controls and fly my own path in life. Yes, there will be turbulence at times and there be smooth flying, but I will never forget that I am in partnership with Jesus, is at the helm of it all.

It does seem scary, yet the excitement out-ways my fear. My perception determines my future, what about yours?   

No comments:

Post a Comment