Monday 15 October 2012

Messi vs. Ronaldo


It has been two weeks since the El-Classico and the talking about Messi and Ronaldo have stopped. This is unusual. When people speak about Real Madrid and Barcelona in the same sentence it’s also grammatically correct to have the names Ronaldo and Messi in them. Yet this is not happening.

Could there also be a new understanding amongst football fans?

Although both players play to the highest standard in world football, many players have come before them and have left their mark in football history, but none as huge as these Two maestros, Ronaldo and Messi.

As a football freak, I love Ronaldo’s playing style; and in the same light I love the dribbling skill of Messi. They are both good players and both good team players.

I am not taking sides as to who’s the greater player for the simple reason that according to me, Football would not be where it is today if neither Messi nor Ronaldo were not playing. The rivalry between them has lifted the game to a new intensity and the fans are feeling it.

Learning to accept them as players and not rivals and appreciate the game for the skill and talent on show has changed my perception and is helping me raise my bar higher and higher.

Messi and Ronaldo both delivered their best in the El-Classico and they both deserve to be treated as equals, for the skill, passion and love for the game we call football, Well that is my thoughts.

Respect to Messi and Ronaldo

Football, for the Love of the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment